Custom-Designed Mindfulness Organizational Training for Business, Healthcare & Non-Profits
A growing number of trade journal and academic articles report excellent return on investment from staff and employee Mindfulness training. These articles point to the positive impact mindfulness has on costly issues like stress-related physical illness, emotional distress, substance abuse, absenteeism and overall healthcare/insurance costs. Mindfulness training often also results in stronger employee morale and job satisfaction, enhanced creativity and production, fewer on-the-job accidents, greater customer satisfaction and other positive changes.
We can create a cost-effective mindfulness training program that fits your organization. Options range from:
• a 1- to 3-hour introduction to the core skills of mindfulness combined with an 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction home-study program - very low cost and effective for self-starters.
• a classic 8-week MBSR program - comprehensive mindfulness training with personal support throughout the 2-month experience - results in an established mindfulness practice with positive impact for both work life and home life. Learn more about MBSR.
• a year-long mindfulness program beginning with management and then extending to all staff beginning with the 8-week program or an adaptation (e.g. four, 4-hour sessions or an intensive weekend training) - a good choice if your aim is organizational transformation.
• a uniquely designed program that fits your unique needs and budget. For example, a program that brings the power of technology into the mix by adding videoconferencing sessions at key times during the on-going training process. While there are clear advantages to live, in-the-room training experiences, an effective program can also be delivered through the power of the internet. This is especially true when on-going teleconference training is combined with one or two live training sessions or a weekend immersion into mindfulness.
My approach is to first learn about your organization, your goals, mission, challenges, resources, employee types and personalities, business work-flow and key targets for improvement. Together we will map out a cost-effective program that will bring the tool of mindfulness into your organization. My aim is to make the strongest impact on the most employees and managers for the lowest investment of both your on-site time and your financial resources.
Here are a few recent articles on the impact of mindfulness in the workplace:
• A March 2015 article from The Atlantic, Corporations' Newest Productivity Hack: Meditation
• An October 2012 Forbes Magazine article, A Guide to Mindfulness at Work
• An April 2015 Forbes Magazine article, The Future of Work: Mindfulness as a Leadership Practice
• Applied Mindfulness in Business and Life - A 22-minute video with Jon Kabat-Zinn, Melissa Daimler
• A March 2015 article in the Huffington Post, How Corporate America Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Meditation
• From the University of North Carolina Business School, Bringing Mindfulness into the Workplace
If you are considering making an investment in mindfulness training for your organization, I would appreciate the opportunity to explore options with you. Please drop me a note and we'll arrange a time for a face-to-face meeting or an internet conference at your convenience.