Earth and Spirit Center (Christian Contemplative and Buddhist Traditions). Introductory and continuing meditation classes, monthly day-long sits, MBSR programs, retreats and many other interesting workshops and events.
Louisville Vipassana Community: Insight Meditation Weekly sittings, introductory classes and day-long and weekend retreats.
Louisville Community of Mindful Living Zen in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. Weekly sitting groups.
Tashi Gomang Dharma Center (Tibetan)
Louisville Zen Group Weekly sittings in the tradition of Rochester Zen Center - Roshi Philip Kapleau
Transcendental Meditation Program of Louisville
Loose Leaf Hollow Spiritual Retreat Center
Other Meditation classes in Louisville:
• Mindful Parenting Workshops and Mindful Living Series and other rewarding mindfulness-based programs as well as 1:1 and couple's psychotherapy offered by Shelly Sowell. Check out her website for more info.
• Mindfulness and Art Workshops for children and adults with Patricia Salem Learn more.
• The Loft 107 Crescent Ave. - Jud Hendrix and many other healers and thinkers from our community are offering programs and workshops. For more info, check the current Newsletter
• Amanda O'Brian is teaching several mindfulness workshops this fall. Learn more.
• Weekly Guided Meditation, Monday 6-7pm, Wednesday 10:30 - 11:30am. St Paul United Methodist Church (Douglass Blvd and Bardstown Rd). Meet in the church parlor. Led by Marilyn Stoner. Info: email or 502 456 1502
• Doug Van Houten offers world-shifting Soulcraft intensives — initiatory journeys with the goal of discovering the meaning and destiny at the heart of each life. contact Doug for more info.
• Peter Buecker is facilitating a number of exciting meditation gatherings in our community. Learn more on his website.
• Mindful Creativity: Drawing as a Second Language for Adults and Children with Tara Remington beginning in early February @ Mellwood Art Center / Bld B / Studio 241 / 1860 Mellwood Ave, Louisville. For more info/registration, contact: Tara@tararemington.com or 502-690-1564
• Aerial Arts and Cirque Fitness Studio is offering Mindfulness classes! SuspendLouisville.com
• Shine Wellness Studio offers a variety of wellness and life-enrichment programs - come share a dance with Maria! For Info
Other resources outside of Louisville:
Integral Mondo Zen this is my current practice community and the most powerful and clear meditation practice I have experienced - check it out! Seven day retreats are being offered around the country AND 3-day retreats are coming to Louisville in 2015 and 2016...
Goenka Vipassana - 10-day courses offered around the world - donation only. Nearest center is just outside of Chicago. An excellent way to deepen your practice and connection with the body in a very tight and supportive container.
Tri-State Dharma - Insight meditation retreats in Indiana with various teachers.
Spirit Rock - Jack Kornfield's center in California
Insight Meditation Society - Joseph Goldstein, center in Barre, Mass