• Stay informed about mindfulness meditation offering throughout the Louisville area. Sign up for our Monthly "Meditation in Louisville" Newsletter. Click here to get on our mailing list
Sanghas (sitting groups)
- Louisville Vipassana Community: Insight Meditation Weekly sittings, introductory classes and day-long and weekend retreats.
- Louisville Zen Group Weekly sittings in the tradition of Rochester Zen Center - Roshi Philip Kapleau
- Louisville Community of Mindful Living Zen in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. Weekly sitting groups.
- Refuge Recovery is a mindfulness-based addiction recovery community that practices and utilizes Buddhist philosophy as the foundation of the recovery process. Meetings are held twice a week in two different locations. All are welcome: those struggling with any form of addiction, supporters, or those simply with an interest in Buddhism. http://www.refugerecovery.org/
- Earth and Spirit Center (Christian Contemplative and Buddhist Traditions). Introductory and continuing meditation classes, monthly day-long sits, MBSR programs, retreats and many other interesting workshops and events.
- Tashi Gomang Dharma Center (Tibetan)
- Transcendental Meditation Program of Louisville
- Loose Leaf Hollow Spiritual Retreat Center
Other Meditation classes in Louisville:
• Mindful Parenting Workshops and Mindful Living Series and other rewarding mindfulness-based programs as well as 1:1 and couple's psychotherapy offered by Shelly Sowell. Check out her website for more info.
• Weekly Guided Meditation, Monday 6-7pm, Wednesday 10:30 - 11:30am. St Paul United Methodist Church (Douglass Blvd and Bardstown Rd). Meet in the church parlor. Led by Marilyn Stoner. Info: email or 502 456 1502
• Doug Van Houten offers world-shifting Soulcraft intensives — initiatory journeys with the goal of discovering the meaning and destiny at the heart of each life. contact Doug for more info.
• Peter Buecker is facilitating a number of exciting meditation gatherings in our community. Learn more on his website
• Amanda O'Brian is teaching several mindfulness workshops this fall. Learn more.
• Aerial Arts and Cirque Fitness Studio is offering Mindfulness classes! SuspendLouisville.com
• Shine Wellness Studio offers a variety of wellness and life-enrichment programs - come share a dance with Maria! For Info
Other excellent resources outside of Louisville:
- Integral Mondo Zen this is my current practice community and the most powerful and clear meditation practice I have experienced - check it out! Seven day retreats are being offered around the country and in Europe.
- Goenka Vipassana - 10-day courses offered around the world - donation only. Nearest center is just outside of Chicago. An excellent way to deepen your practice and connection with the body in a very tight and supportive container.
- Tri-State Dharma - Insight meditation retreats in Indiana with various teachers.
- Spirit Rock - Jack Kornfield's center in California
- Insight Meditation Society - Joseph Goldstein, center in Barre, Mass