Free Introduction to Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Classes
No donation or registration is necessary to attend any of our Free Classes.
• For an easy introduction to Mindfulness practices, join us for one of our free 60 and 90 minute introductory classes. These are offered prior to most of our mindfulness training programs (details below) and some are offered on a regular basis at different times, days and locations.
• On-Going: 75- and 90-minute Introductions to Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction. Offered freely on the second Tuesday (6:15 to 7:15pm) and the last Saturday mornings (10:30 to 11:30) of each month at the new offices of Interfaith Paths to Peace. Get Directions. (There may be some exceptions; you can confirm that the class will be offered on a particular day by emailing IPP).
• Free 60- to 90-minute Introductory classes are offered prior to most of our Mindfulness Training Programs. Next offering:
- Introduction to MBSR: Core Skills 6 to 7:30 pm on Thursday, September 7 at the Earth & Spirit Center (details below).
• Please attend these Free Introduction to MBSR Classes as often as you like. And, bring a friend! . . .
• Free Recorded Guided Meditations & "Mindfulness Starter Kits" - Get a taste of Mindfulness and bring simple intentional meditation practices into your daily life. With some focused effort and clear intention, you can establish some wholesome habits that will allow you to experience some of the benefits of a mindful lifestyle in a few weeks. Once you've experienced these benefits, the motivation to dig deeper into mindfulness will arise. And maybe you'll take one of our training programs! Click here to begin your journey into mindfulness.
• Stay informed about mindfulness meditation offering throughout the Louisville area. Sign up for our Monthly "Meditation in Louisville" Newsletter. Click here to get on our mailing list.
Mindfulness Training Programs for Organizations
• Mindfulness Training for Business, Healthcare and Non-Profit Organizations. A powerful and cost-effective training program can be custom designed to meet the needs of your organization.
Options range from a 1-hour to a 3-hour large group presentation combined with an 8-week MBSR Home-Study program to a comprehensive on-site 8-week MBSR program on up to a year-long employee, staff and leadership mindfulness training program. Learn more.
Please drop me a note or give me a call 502 727 2996 and we can explore these options.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: Powerful Life-Enrichment Programs
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a rewarding life-enrichment program that combines comprehensive training in mindfulness meditation with mindful movement and lifestyle practices. MBSR is used in complementary medicine and wellness programs in universities and hospitals throughout the world. For many, it provides a solid foundation for deep emotional healing and growth.
Participants learn to stay present to the fullness of each moment as it unfolds, without the usual overlay of judgment or commentary. By cultivating non-judgmental awareness, skillful response can replace conditioned reactivity, allowing a natural movement toward healthy lifestyle choices and to more moments of restorative stillness and peace.
The MBSR: Core Skills program focuses on establishing and deepening a host of fundamental mindfulness practices. Cultivating Healthy Relationships shares this focus while taking the perspective of intimate partnership. Both programs are designed for everyone, beginner or experienced meditator, single or partnered, all genders and sexual orientations. Note: You do NOT need to attend an introductory class or have any experience with mindfulness or meditation to join any of our programs. All of our programs are perfect for beginners as well as more seasoned meditators - each participant will grow from wherever they are... Learn more about MBSR.
New Program: Cultivating Healthy Relationships.This challenging and rewarding program is designed for those interested in clarifying, strengthening and deepening their intimate relationship(s). It is offered to individuals regardless of sexual orientation or level of commitment, single or partnered, LGBTQ, straight, married or single. While the program's foundation is mindfulness, no previous meditation experience is needed to benefit fully from the program. Learn more about this engaging program.
Schedule of Upcoming Programs:
Cultivating Healthy Relationships at Supreme Peace Yoga Studio - Just off Southern Parkway in the Beechmont/Iroquois Community. Meeting dates and times: Saturdays, August 26, September 16 & 30, 2017 - 11:00 to 3:00 (a mindful brown-bag lunch will be around 12:30). Optional one-hour Zoom conferences will be offered on a weekday evening each week between our class meetings to help keep the motivation up and address any questions that may arise. Fee: $350 per participant with an early bird fee of $300 (if paid before August 12). Registration is on the Supreme Peace website. If you have any issues with registration, please let me know and we'll fix it!
• MBSR: Core Skills will meet on Thursday evenings from 6 to 8:30 for 8 sessions, Sept 21, 28, Oct 5, (no class on the 12th), 19, 26, Nov 2, 9 & 16. This 20-hour program will meet at the Earth and Spirit Center. Info and registration is on the Earth & Spirit Center website. 20 CEUs provided for some mental health professionals - no additional charge. Fee: the sliding scale ranges from $500 down to $300 per person - you pick a fee within this range depending on your financial situation. Some partial scholarships are available.
• Free MBSR: Core Skills Introduction session will meet from 6 to 7:30 pm on Thursday, September 7. No registration necessary. Bring a friend.
• New Program: Integral Mindfulness Life Enrichment Program (dates and location TBA). As this is a more challenging program than we have offered in the past, we are still getting a feel for the level of interest in it, so please drop me a note if this program sounds interesting to you and/or if you have any questions.
About the Facilitators: John Shealy, PhD, and Jordan Dye, MSW, CSW, are a married couple who together have over 45 years of experience practicing and teaching mindfulness meditation. John is a licensed psychologist, Jordan a certified social worker. Both are trained yoga instructors and live a healthy, balanced lifestyle. The safe, peaceful space they hold for each other and for the group provides a container for establishing a daily meditation practice while promoting personal transformation.
CEUs: Many of our16-hour (Saturday classes) or 20-hour (Thursday classes) MBSR programs offer CE Credits for some mental health professionals. Click here to learn more about CEUs.
Meditation Retreats - Deepen & Stabilize Your Mindfulness Practice
• Check these sites for a listing of upcoming retreats that you may find engaging: Integral Zen and Hollow Bones and check this listing of other meditation centers in the U.S. Wishing you an exciting and productive retreat experience! -