Free Introduction to MBSR and Integral Mindfulness Classes
• For an easy introduction to Mindfulness practices, join us for one of our free 60 and 90 minute introductory classes. These are offered prior to most of our mindfulness training programs (details below). No donation or registration is necessary.
• On-Going: 60-minute Introduction to MBSR & Integral Mindfulness. Offered freely on the first Wednesday of each month from 12:45 to 1:45 pm at Humana Guidance Center, 1918 Hikes Lane, Suite 101. Get Directions. (There may be some exceptions; you can verify with an email to IPP)
• Recorded Guided Meditations - Get a taste of Mindfulness. Download and enjoy these free guided meditations. Click here.
• Stay informed about mindfulness meditation offering throughout the Louisville area. Sign up for our Monthly "Meditation in Louisville" Newsletter. Click here to join our mailing list.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: Powerful Life-Enrichment Programs
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a rewarding life-enrichment program that combines comprehensive training in mindfulness meditation with mindful movement and lifestyle practices. MBSR is used in complementary medicine and wellness programs in universities and hospitals throughout the world. For many, it provides a solid foundation for deep emotional healing and growth.
Participants learn to stay present to the fullness of each moment as it unfolds, without the usual overlay of judgment or commentary. By cultivating non-judgmental awareness, skillful response can replace conditioned reactivity, allowing a natural movement toward healthy lifestyle choices and to more moments of restorative stillness and peace. Watch a short video of John discussing MBSR.
The MBSR: Core Skills program focuses on establishing and deepening a host of fundamental mindfulness practices. MBSR: Healthy Relationships shares this focus while taking the perspective of intimate partnership. Both programs are designed for everyone, beginner or experienced meditator, single or partnered, all genders and sexual orientations. Learn more about MBSR
New Program MBSR: Healthy Relationships.This challenging and rewarding program is designed for those interested in clarifying, strengthening and deepening their intimate relationship(s). It is offered to individuals regardless of sexual orientation or form or level of commitment, single or partnered, LGBTQ, straight, married or single. While the program's foundation is mindfulness, no previous meditation experience is needed to benefit fully from the program. Learn more about this exciting program. Two programs will be offered in 2017. (Please see dates and times below.)
Schedule of Programs:
•MBSR: Core Skills will meet on Thursdays evenings from 6 to 8:30 pm on March 9, 16, 23, 30 and April 6, 13, 20, 27. This is a 20-hour program offered at the Earth & Spirit Center. For more information and to register, please see the Earth & Spirit Center website. 20 CEUs have been approved for some mental health professionals.
• MBSR: Healthy Intimate Relationships will meet four Saturdays from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm on March 11, 25 & April 8, 25. This 16-hour program will meet at the Center for Educational Therapy (I-64 and Hurstborne). For registration, click registration information here. 16 CEUs have been approved for some mental health professionals.
• MBSR: Core Skills will meet on Thursday evenings from 6 to 8:30 for 8 sessions, June 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 & July 13, 20, 27. This 20-hour program will meet at the Earth and Spirit Center. Info and registration is on the Earth & Spirit Center website. 20 CEUs have been approved for some mental health professionals.
• Free MBSR: Core Skills Introduction session will meet from 6 to 7:30 pm on Thursday, May 18. No registration necessary. Bring a friend.
• MBSR: Healthy Intimate Relationships will meet for four Saturdays from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm on June 10, 24 & July 15, 29. This 16-hour program will meet at the Earth and Spirit Center. For information and registration click on Earth & Spirit Center website. 16 CEUs have been approved for some mental health professionals.
• Free MBSR: Healthy Intimate Relationships Introduction session will be held from 9:30 to 11 am on Saturday, May 20. No registration is necessary.
About the Facilitators: John Shealy, PhD, and Jordan Dye, MSW, CSW, are a married couple who together have over 45 years of experience practicing and teaching mindfulness meditation. John is a licensed psychologist, Jordan a certified social worker. Both are trained yoga instructors and live a healthy, balanced lifestyle. The safe, peaceful space they hold for each other and for the group provides a container for establishing a daily meditation practice while promoting personal transformation.
CEUs: Most of our16-hour (Saturday classes) or 20-hour (Thursday classes) offer CE Credits for some mental health professionals. Those licensed under KRS 319, psychologists and in many cases others such as social workers whose boards accept psychology-approved CE credits.
John Shealy, PhD is approved as a Continuing Education provider for these 20 and 16 CE programs by the Kentucky Board of Examiners of Psychology.
NOTE: There have been some changes lately about which professions can take advantage of CEUs approved for psychologists. I strongly recommend that you contact your board for pre-approval if you are a LMFT, Art Therapist, or any other profession not directly under the Kentucky Board of Examiners of Psychology. Click here to learn more about CEUs.
Learn more about MBSR - - - - - - Download a MBSR Programs Flyer and please share with Friends.
Meditation Retreats - Deepen Your Practice
• The Intimate Breath: Mindfulness & the Mysteries of The Holy Spirit, a 3-Day residential retreat, March 31 - April 2, 2017 (Friday morning through Sunday afternoon) with Karen Bess and John Shealy - Limited to 12 participants! To learn more and to register for this transformational weekend, click here. And, please download this flyer to share with your friends! This retreat is almost full. Please drop Karen a note before you register to make sure there's still "room at the inn" :-)
• Check these sites for a listing of upcoming retreats: Integral Zen and Hollow Bones and an article about and listing of other meditation centers in the U.S.
• Integral Mondo Zen for Psychotherapists (in development) Please drop me a note if this sounds interesting to you.
Mindfulness Training Programs for Organizations
• Mindfulness Training for Business, Healthcare and Non-Profit Organizations. A powerful and cost-effective training program can be custom designed to meet the needs of your organization. Options range from a 3-hour large group presentation combined with an 8-week MBSR Self-Study program to a comprehensive on-site 8-week MBSR program all the way up to a year-long employee, staff and leadership mindfulness course. Please drop me a note or give me a call 502 727 2996 so we can explore our options. Learn More.
Mindfulness in Intimate Relationships
• Mindfulness and Intimate Relationships: Growing through Difficult Times. An all day (9 to 5) or weekend workshop for intimate partners seeking to bring the power of mindfulness, the clarity and stillness of Insight Dialogue and the transformative process of Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy into their most important and challenging interpersonal relationship. Date and location TBA. Interested? Have questions? Drop me a note if this sounds interesting to you.