Free Introduction to Mindfulness Based Life-Enrichment Progams
No donation or registration is necessary to attend any of our Free Classes.
• For an easy introduction to mindfulness practices, join us for one of our free 60-and 90-minute introductory classes. These are offered prior to most of our mindfulness training programs (details below) and some are offered on a regular basis at different times, days and locations.
• A free 90-minute introductory class: Please join us for an introduction to our Mindfulmess Based Healthy Relationships program. It will be held on Thursday, February 7, 2019, 6:30 to 8:00 pm on at the Earth & Spirit Center no registration is needed. Bring a friend!
• Free Recorded Guided Meditations & "Mindfulness Starter Kits." Get a taste of Mindfulness and bring simple intentional meditative practices into your daily life. With some focused effort and clear intention, you can establish mindful exercises that will allow you to experience some of the benefits of a more mindful lifestyle in a few weeks. You may wish to consider a formal Mindfulness program to further reinforce your new habits and lifestyle. Click here to begin your journey into mindfulness.
• Stay informed about mindfulness meditation offerings throughout the Louisville area. Sign up for our Monthly "Meditation in Louisville" Newsletter. Click here to receive our monthly newsletter. To review a recent Meditation in Louisville newsletter click here.
Mindfulness-Based Life-Enrichment Programs
New Program: Mindful Hiking with Jordan Dye
Would you like to feel more relaxed and in touch without taking a vacation or missing work? Are you curious to try mindfulness practices in nature? This mindful hiking experience can help you recharge and recenter. Research shows that even two hours in nature can decrease stress and blood pressure levels while increasing feelings of calm. Learn more
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a rewarding life-enrichment program that combines comprehensive training in mindfulness meditation with mindful movement and lifestyle practices. MBSR is used in complementary medicine and wellness programs in universities and hospitals throughout the world. For many, it provides a solid foundation for deep emotional healing and growth. Participants learn to stay present to the fullness of each moment as it unfolds, without the usual overlay of judgment or commentary. By cultivating non-judgmental awareness, skillful response can replace conditioned reactivity, allowing a natural movement toward healthy lifestyle choices and to more moments of restorative stillness and peace. You do not need to attend an introductory class or have any experience with mindfulness or meditation to join and benefit from our programs. Learn more about MBSR.
Mindfulness-Based Healthy Relationships: Becoming More Fully Yourself through Relationship. Grounded in the mindful practices from MBSR programs, this rewarding program is designed for those interested in clarifying, strengthening and deepening their relationship with family members, friends, significant others as well as co-workers, customers, clients or patients. It is for anyone seeking more satisfying relationships and a more balanced and enriching lifestyle. In-class interactive exercises and research-based materials guide participants through the “how-to's” of cultivating healthy, rewarding relationships. Learn more about this engaging program.
New Program: Integral Mindfulness As this is a more challenging program than we have offered in the past, we are still getting a feel for the level of interest in it, so please drop me a note if this program sounds interesting to you and/or if you have any questions.
Schedule of Upcoming Programs
• New Program: Mindful Hiking at Iroquois Park with Jordan Dye, 9 to 11 a.m. on Saturday April 6 (the April session is full); and from 9 to 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 30, May 18 and June 22; and on Wednesday April 10. For parents and teenagers seeking mindful connection with nature we've added a hike for you on Saturday, June 1 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Bring mindfulness into the outdoors to reconnect and recharge. These stand-alone hikes are offered on a donation basis ($10, $15 or $20 suggested, though not required). Sign up for one or more. Learn more
• Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction will meet on February 21, 28, March 7, 14, 28 and April 4. Time for a change? Learn mindfulness practices that are a gateway to inner shifts and transformation. This program will meet at the Earth and Spirit Center. The fee is on a sliding scale from $350 to $200 per participant. You choose, based on your financial situation. Some partial scholarships may be available. 12CEUs provided for some mental health professionals. Register on the Earth & Spirit Center website. More program Information
• Mindfulness-Based Healthy Relationships will meet onThursday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 pm for six sessions, Sept 12, 19, 26 and Oct 3, 10, 24. Ready to learn behaviors that foster connection and respect while developing skills of mindfulness? This program will meet at the Earth and Spirit Center. The fee is on a sliding scale from $350 to $200 per participant. You choose, based on your financial situation. Some partial scholarships may be available. 12 CEUs provided for some mental health professionals. Register on the Earth & Spirit Center website. More program Information
• Free Introduction to both Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and Mindfulness-Based Healthy Relationships will be offered from 7 to 8:30 pm on Thursdays, February 7 and August 29, 2019. If you like, register on the Earth & Spirit Center website. But, no registration is necessary for the introduction class. Bring a friend!
About the Facilitators: John Shealy, PhD, and Jordan Dye, MSW, CSW, are a married couple who together have over 45 years of experience practicing and teaching mindfulness meditation. John is a licensed psychologist; Jordan, a certified social worker. Both are trained yoga instructors and live a healthy, balanced lifestyle. The safe, peaceful space they hold for each other and for the group provides a container for establishing a daily meditation practice while promoting personal transformation.
CEUs: Many of our12-hour (Thursday classes) MBSR programs offer CEU Credits for some mental health professionals. Click here to learn more about CEUs.
Mindfulness Training Programs for Organizations
• Mindfulness Training for Business, Healthcare and Non-Profit Organizations. A powerful and cost-effective training program can be custom designed to meet the needs of your organization.
Options range from a 90-minute to 3-hour large group presentations combined with an 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction home-study program to an on-site, comprehensive and more intimate 8-week program. Learn more.
To explore options, drop me an email or give me a call at 502 727 2996.