Free Introduction to Mindfulness Based Life-Enrichment Progams
No donation or registration is necessary to attend any of our Free Classes.
• For an easy introduction to mindfulness practices, join us for one of our free 60-and 90-minute introductory classes. These are offered prior to most of our mindfulness training programs (details below) and some are offered on a regular basis at different times, days and locations.
• A free 90-minute introductory class will be offered prior to our Cultivating Mindful Relationships program. Please join us for an introduction to this progra on 6 to 7:30 pm on Thursday, September 13, 2018 at the Earth & Spirit Center (details below). Bring a friend!
• Free Recorded Guided Meditations & "Mindfulness Starter Kits." Get a taste of Mindfulness and bring simple intentional meditative practices into your daily life. With some focused effort and clear intention, you can establish mindful exercises that will allow you to experience some of the benefits of a more mindful lifestyle in a few weeks. You may wish to consider a formal Mindfulness program to further reinforce your new habits and lifestyle. Click here to begin your journey into mindfulness.
• Stay informed about mindfulness meditation offerings throughout the Louisville area. Sign up for our Monthly "Meditation in Louisville" Newsletter. Click here to receive our monthly newsletter. To review a recent Meditation in Louisville newsletter click here.
Mindfulness Training Programs for Organizations
• Mindfulness Training for Business, Healthcare and Non-Profit Organizations. A powerful and cost-effective training program can be custom designed to meet the needs of your organization.
Options range and include a 1-hour to a 3-hour large group presentations combined with an 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction home-study program; an on-site, comprehensive, 8-week program; and a year-long employee, staff and leadership mindfulness training program. Learn more.
To explore options, email or call me at 502 727 2996.
Mindfulness-Based Life-Enrichment Programs
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a rewarding life-enrichment program that combines comprehensive training in mindfulness meditation with mindful movement and lifestyle practices. MBSR is used in complementary medicine and wellness programs in universities and hospitals throughout the world. For many, it provides a solid foundation for deep emotional healing and growth.
Participants learn to stay present to the fullness of each moment as it unfolds, without the usual overlay of judgment or commentary. By cultivating non-judgmental awareness, skillful response can replace conditioned reactivity, allowing a natural movement toward healthy lifestyle choices and to more moments of restorative stillness and peace.
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, the classic program, focuses on establishing and deepening a host of fundamental mindfulness practices. Cultivating Mindful Relationships shares this focus while taking the perspective of relationships. You do not need to attend an introductory class or have any experience with mindfulness or meditation to join and benefit from our programs. Learn more about MBSR.
New Program: Cultivating Mindful Relationships: Becoming More Fully Yourself through Relationship. Grounded in the mindful practices from MBSR programs, this challenging and rewarding program is designed for those interested in clarifying, strengthening and deepening their relationship with family members, friends, significant others as well as co-workers, customers, clients or patients. It is designed for those seeking more satisfying relationships and a more balanced and enriching lifestyle. In-class interactive exercises and research-based materials guide participants through the “how-to's” of cultivating healthy, rewarding relationships. Learn more about this engaging program.
New Program: Integral Mindfulness As this is a more challenging program than we have offered in the past, we are still getting a feel for the level of interest in it, so please drop me a note if this program sounds interesting to you and/or if you have any questions.
Schedule of Upcoming Programs
• Cultivating Mindful Relationships: Becoming More Fully Yourself through Relationship will meet on alternate Saturdays from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm on June 30, July 14, 28 and August 11, 2018. This program will meet at the Earth and Spirit Center.
The fee is on a sliding scale from $450 to $250 per participant. You choose, based on your financial situation. Some partial scholarships may be available. 16 CEUs provided for some mental health professionals. Register on the Earth & Spirit Center website. More program Information
• Cultivating Mindful Relationships: Becoming More Fully Yourself through Relationship will meet onThursday evenings from 6 to 8:30 pm for six sessions, Sept 27, Oct 4, 18, 25 and Nov 1, 8 ). This program will meet at the Earth and Spirit Center. The fee is on a sliding scale from $450 to $250 per participant. You choose, based on your financial situation. Some partial scholarships may be available. 15 CEUs provided for some mental health professionals. Register on the Earth & Spirit Center website. More program Information
• Free Introduction to Cultivating Mindful Relationships will meet from 6 to 7:30 pm on Thursday, September 13, 2018. No registration necessary for the intro. Bring a friend!
About the Facilitators: John Shealy, PhD, and Jordan Dye, MSW, CSW, are a married couple who together have over 45 years of experience practicing and teaching mindfulness meditation. John is a licensed psychologist, Jordan is a certified social worker. Both are trained yoga instructors and live a healthy, balanced lifestyle. The safe, peaceful space they hold for each other and for the group provides a container for establishing a daily meditation practice while promoting personal transformation.
CEUs: Many of our16-hour (Saturday classes) or 20-hour (Thursday classes) MBSR programs offer CEU Credits for some mental health professionals. Click here to learn more about CEUs.
Meditation Retreats - Deepen & Stabilize Your Mindfulness Practice
• Claude AnShin Thomas, a Zen monk and Vietnam veteran, is scheduled to be in Louisville on October 10 to 14, 2018. He will offer a 2-day Zen meditation retreat (Saturday and Sunday) and hold a public talk (Thursday evening). He is available for other events as well. Drop me a note with your ideas. More information