Free Introduction to Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Classes
No donation or registration is necessary to attend any of our Free Classes.
• For an easy introduction to Mindfulness practices, join us for one of our free 60 and 90 minute introductory classes. These are offered prior to most of our mindfulness training programs (details below) and some are offered on a regular basis at different times, days and locations.
• Free 60- to 90-minute Introductory classes are offered prior to many of our Mindfulness Training Programs. Next offering:
- Introduction to Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction 6 to 7:30 pm on Thursday, September 13, 2018 at the Earth & Spirit Center (details below).
• Please join us for one or more of our Free Introductory classes and Bring a Friend!
• Free Recorded Guided Meditations & "Mindfulness Starter Kits" - Get a taste of Mindfulness and bring simple intentional meditation practices into your daily life. With some focused effort and clear intention, you can establish some wholesome habits that will allow you to experience some of the benefits of a mindful lifestyle in a few weeks. Once you've experienced these benefits, the motivation to dig deeper into mindfulness will arise. And maybe you'll take one of our training programs! Click here to begin your journey into mindfulness.
• Stay informed about mindfulness meditation offering throughout the Louisville area. Sign up for our Monthly "Meditation in Louisville" Newsletter. Click here to get on our mailing list. To review a recent Meditation in Louisville newsletter - click here.
A new option for staying informed about meditation events in and around Louisville is to Follow us on our FaceBook Page! We make a posting each time we publish a monthly newsletter and also provide information about new meditation events as soon as they come to our attention. We also plan to offer articles about mindfulness and deepening your meditation practice as well as links to other resources.
Mindfulness Training Programs for Organizations
• Mindfulness Training for Business, Healthcare and Non-Profit Organizations. A powerful and cost-effective training program can be custom designed to meet the needs of your organization.
Options range from a 1-hour to a 3-hour large group presentation combined with an 8-week MBSR Home-Study program to a comprehensive on-site 8-week MBSR program on up to a year-long employee, staff and leadership mindfulness training program. Learn more.
Please drop me a note or give me a call 502 727 2996 and we can explore these options.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: Powerful Life-Enrichment Programs
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a rewarding life-enrichment program that combines comprehensive training in mindfulness meditation with mindful movement and lifestyle practices. MBSR is used in complementary medicine and wellness programs in universities and hospitals throughout the world. For many, it provides a solid foundation for deep emotional healing and growth.
Participants learn to stay present to the fullness of each moment as it unfolds, without the usual overlay of judgment or commentary. By cultivating non-judgmental awareness, skillful response can replace conditioned reactivity, allowing a natural movement toward healthy lifestyle choices and to more moments of restorative stillness and peace.
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, the classic program, focuses on establishing and deepening a host of fundamental mindfulness practices. Cultivating Healthy Relationships shares this focus while taking the perspective of intimate partnership. Both programs are designed for everyone, beginner or experienced meditator, single or partnered, all genders and sexual orientations. Note: You do NOT need to attend an introductory class or have any experience with mindfulness or meditation to join any of our programs. All of our programs are perfect for beginners as well as more seasoned meditators - each participant will grow from wherever they are... Learn more about MBSR.
New Program: Cultivating Healthy Relationships.This challenging and rewarding program is designed for those interested in clarifying, strengthening and deepening their intimate relationship(s). It is offered to individuals regardless of sexual orientation or level of commitment, single or partnered, LGBTQ, straight, married or single. While the program's foundation is mindfulness, no previous meditation experience is needed to benefit fully from the program. Learn more about this engaging program.
Schedule of Upcoming Programs:
Cultivating Healthy Relationships at Earth & Spirit Center - Just across from Bellarmine University on Newburg Road. Meeting dates and times: Saturdays, January 13 & 27 and February 10 & 17, 2018 - 9:30am to 1:30pm (we'll share a mindful brown-bag lunch). Optional one-hour Zoom conferences will be offered during the weeks in-between our class meetings to help keep everyone engaged with the exercises and course material. Fee: on a sliding scale from $500 to $300 per participant based on your financial situation. Register on the Earth & Spirit Center website.
• Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction will meet on Thursday evenings from 6 to 8:30 for 8 sessions, September 27 & October 4, 11, 18, 25 & November 1, 8, 15, 2018. This 20-hour program will meet at the Earth and Spirit Center. Info and registration is on the Earth & Spirit Center website.
- 20 CEUs provided for some mental health professionals - no additional charge.
- Fee: the sliding scale ranges from $500 down to $300 per person - you pick a fee within this range depending on your financial situation. Some partial scholarships are available.
• Free MBSR Introduction session will meet from 6 to 7:30 pm on Thursday, September 13, 2018. No registration necessary. Bring a friend.
• New Program: Integral Mindfulness Life Enrichment Program (dates and location TBA). As this is a more challenging program than we have offered in the past, we are still getting a feel for the level of interest in it, so please drop me a note if this program sounds interesting to you and/or if you have any questions.
About the Facilitators: John Shealy, PhD, and Jordan Dye, MSW, CSW, are a married couple who together have over 45 years of experience practicing and teaching mindfulness meditation. John is a licensed psychologist, Jordan a certified social worker. Both are trained yoga instructors and live a healthy, balanced lifestyle. The safe, peaceful space they hold for each other and for the group provides a container for establishing a daily meditation practice while promoting personal transformation.
CEUs: Many of our16-hour (Saturday classes) or 20-hour (Thursday classes) MBSR programs offer CE Credits for some mental health professionals. Click here to learn more about CEUs.
Meditation Retreats - Deepen & Stabilize Your Mindfulness Practice
• March 22 - 25, 2018 - The Intimate Breath: Mindfulness & the Mysteries of The Holy Spirit a 4-day residential retreat for experienced meditators with Karen Bess. Limited to only 8 participants. Info
• Check these sites for a listing of upcoming retreats that you may find engaging: Integral Zen and Hollow Bones and check this listing of other meditation centers in the U.S. Wishing you an exciting and productive retreat experience!