Table of Contents
- The Wisdom Jesus: Transforming Heart and Mind - a New Perspective on Christ and His Message by Cynthia Bourgeaut
- The Holy Trinity and the Law of Three: Discovering the Radical Truth at the Heart of Christianity by Cynthia Bourgeaut
- Depth Psychology and a New Ethic by Erich Neumann
- The Red Book - C.G. Jung edited by Sonu Shamdasani
- Zig Zag Zen: Buddhism and Psychedelics by Allen Badiner
- At Hell's Gate: A Soldier's Journey from War to Peace by Claude AnShin Thomas (watch a talk by AnShin)(part 2 of the talk)
- The Religion of Tomorrow: A Vision for the Future of the Great Traditions by Ken Wilber
- Great Doubt: Practicing Zen in the World by Boshan, translated by Jeff Shore.
- Why Buddhism is True: the Science and Philosophy of Meditation and Enlightenment by Robert Wright - (Radio interview with Terry Gross).
- The Genius of Being: Contemplating the Profound Intelligence of Existence by Peter Ralston
- The Book of Floating: Exploring the Private Sea by Michael Hutchison.
- The Sleep Solution: Why Your Sleep is Broken and How to Fix It by W.Chris Winter. Check out this 60-minute interview.
- Journeys into Emptiness: Dogen, Merton, Jung and the Quest for Transformation by Robert Jingen Gunn.
- The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate by Peter Wohlleben.
- Touching Enlightenment: Finding Realization in the Body by Reginald A. Ray, PhD
- Naked Awareness: Practical Instuctions on the Union of Mahamudra and Dzogchen by Karma Chagme
- The Nature of Mind: The Dzogchen Instructions of Aro Yeshe Jungne by Patrul Rinpoche
- The Savage God: A Study of Suicide by A. Alvarez
- Integral Mindfulness: from Clueless to Dailed-In by Keith Witt
- Integral Meditation: Mindfulness as a Path to Grow Up, Wake Up, and Show Up in Your Life by Ken Wilber
- Streams of Wisdom: an Advanced Guide to Integral Spiritual Development by Dustin Diperna (check out Dustin's Blog)
- Evolution's Ally: Our World's Religious Traditions as Conveyor Belts of Transformation by Dustin Diperna
- Integral Recovery: A Revolutionary Approach to the Treatment of Alcoholism and Addiction by John Dupuy (read a 32 pg article)
- Being in the World without Misery - Claude AnShin (50 min) (part 2 here - 11 min)
- Chef's Table - Jeong Kwan (1 hour 15 min documentary about the Dharma of cooking) Netflix
- Inn Saei (1 hour 15 min documentary about intuition & mindfulness) Netflix
- Happy (1 hour 15 min documentary about happiness) Netflix
- The Body Keeps Score: Brain, Mind and Body in Healing Trauma by Bessel van derKolk, MD (watch a 90-min video by this author)
- Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma by Peter Levine (watch a 25 min video by this author)
Suggested books and resources for understanding Integral Theory by its developer, Ken Wilber:
- The Mindful Way through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Depression by Mark Williams, John Teasdale, Zindel Segal and Jon Kabat-Zinn. Watch an 18-minute TED Video on this topic.
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression by Segal, Williams, Teasdale
- Acceptance and Mindfulness-Based Approaches to Anxiety Edited by Susan M. Orsillo and Lizabeth Roemer.
- Mindfulness-Based Approaches to Eating Disorders by Joan Kristeller, Ruth Baer and Ruth Quillian-Wolever
- Use of Meditation with Severe Psychological Disorders
- The Effects of Mindfulness on Psychological Health: A review of emperical studies by Keng, S. L., Smoski, M. J., & Robins, C. J. (2011)
- Mindfulness Training as a Clinical Intervention: A Conceptual and Emperical Review (2003) by Ruth Baer
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions for Physical Conditions: A Narrative Review Evaluating Levels of Evidence by Carlson, L. E. (2012)Mindfulness-Integrated Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: An Experiential Approach to Behavior Change by Hayes, Strosahl & Wilso
- Videos on Sue Johnson’s website See other infoon her site also
Aligned, Relaxed, Resilient: The Physical Foundations of Mindfulnes by Will Johnson
- The Point of Existence: Transformations of Narcissism in Self-Realization and The Void: Inner Spaciousness and Ego Structure and other books by A. H. Almaas Read an article about this work
- Feeding Your Demons: Ancient Wisdom for Resolving Inner Conflict by Tsultrim Allione
Contemplative Psychology & Christian Mysticism
• Mindfulness: Taming a Wild Horse An article by John S. Shealy, PhD
• Cultivating Mental Discipline: The Skill of Mindfulness An article by John S. Shealy, PhD
Meditation Courses, Retreat Centers and Meditation Groups
The Mindful Child: How to Help Your Kid Manage Stress and Become Happier, Kinder and More Compassionate by Susan Kaiser Greenland
Some helpful resources for Parents
Neal Barnard - Power Foods for the Brain
Discovering Right Livelihood
Prison Dharma Work
- Research Article on the Effectiveness of MBSR in Prisons Research on Inmates of Tihar Jail, Delhi, India (Vipassana Courses)
- We're All Doing Time: A Guide to Getting Free by Bo Lozoff
- Behind Bars: Surviving Prison by Jeffrey Ian Ross & Stephen C. Richards
- Committing Journalism: The Prison Writings of Red Hog by Dannie M. Martin & Peter Y. Sussman
- Recording of guards involved in executions.
- Mindfulness Meditation and Substance Use in an Incarcerated Population
Other Interesting Reads
my articles: © John S. Shealy, PhD 2000 - 2017