Table of Contents
- Psychedelics: Psychotherapy, Meditation and Religious Experiences
- MAPS Manual of Psychedelic Support
- Scared Knowledge: Psychedelics and Religious Experiences by William Richards.
- How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us about Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression and Transcendence by Michael Pollan.
- The Psychedelic Explorer's Guide: Safe, Therapeutic and Sacred Journeys by James Fadiman.
- Zig Zag Zen: Buddhism and Psychedelics by Allen Badiner
- The Gospel of Thomas: Wisdom of the Twin by Lynn Bauman.
- The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion by Jonathan Haidt.
- Wisdom Jesus: Transforming Heart and Mind, a New Perspective on Christ and His Teachings by Cynthia Bourgeault.
- The Religion of Tomorrow: A Vision for the Future of the Great Traditions by Ken Wilber
- Great Doubt: Practicing Zen in the World by Boshan, translated by Jeff Shore.
- Why Buddhism is True: the Science and Philosophy of Meditation and Enlightenment by Robert Wright - (Radio interview with Terry Gross).
- The Genius of Being: Contemplating the Profound Intelligence of Existence by Peter Ralston
- The Book of Floating: Exploring the Private Sea by Michael Hutchison.
- The Sleep Solution: Why Your Sleep is Broken and How to Fix It by W.Chris Winter. Check out this 60-minute interview.
- Journeys into Emptiness: Dogen, Merton, Jung and the Quest for Transformation by Robert Jingen Gunn.
- The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate by Peter Wohlleben.
- Touching Enlightenment: Finding Realization in the Body by Reginald A. Ray, PhD
- Naked Awareness: Practical Instuctions on the Union of Mahamudra and Dzogchen by Karma Chagme
- The Nature of Mind: The Dzogchen Instructions of Aro Yeshe Jungne by Patrul Rinpoche
- The Savage God: A Study of Suicide by A. Alvarez
- Integral Mindfulness: from Clueless to Dailed-In by Keith Witt
- Integral Meditation: Mindfulness as a Path to Grow Up, Wake Up, and Show Up in Your Life by Ken Wilber
- Streams of Wisdom: an Advanced Guide to Integral Spiritual Development by Dustin Diperna (check out Dustin's Blog)
- Evolution's Ally: Our World's Religious Traditions as Conveyor Belts of Transformation by Dustin Diperna
- Integral Recovery: A Revolutionary Approach to the Treatment of Alcoholism and Addiction by John Dupuy (read a 32 pg article)
Suggested books and resources for understanding Integral Theory by its developer, Ken Wilber:
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: An Experiential Approach to Behavior Change by Hayes, Strosahl & Wilso
Preparing for a Psychedelic Experience - Resources and Suggestions
Scared Knowledge: Psychedelics and Religious Experiences by William Richards related TED talk.
How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us about Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression and Transcendence by Michael Pollan. Fresh Air Interview - May 2018 Interview with Joe Rogan - Interview with Tim Ferris
The Psychedelic Explorer's Guide: Safe, Therapeutic and Sacred Journeys by James Fadiman.
- Videos on Sue Johnson’s website See other infoon her site also
Contemplative Psychology & Christian Mysticism
• Mindfulness: Taming a Wild Horse An article by John S. Shealy, PhD
• Cultivating Mental Discipline: The Skill of Mindfulness An article by John S. Shealy, PhD
Meditation Courses, Retreat Centers and Meditation Groups
The Mindful Child: How to Help Your Kid Manage Stress and Become Happier, Kinder and More Compassionate by Susan Kaiser Greenland
Some helpful resources for Parents
Neal Barnard - Power Foods for the Brain
Discovering Right Livelihood
Prison Dharma Work
Other Interesting Reads
my articles: © John S. Shealy, PhD 2000 - 2017