Table of Contents
- Sacred Knowledge: Psychedelics and Religious Experiences by William Richards.
- How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us about Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression and Transcendence by Michael Pollan
- The Master and the Emissary: The Divided Brain and the Making of the Western World by Iain McGilchrist - a Video
- Lost Connections: Uncovering the Real Causes of Depression and the Unexpected Solutions by Johann Hari - TED talk
- Antifragile: Things that Gain from Disorder by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- The Gospel of Thomas: Wisdom of the Twin by Lynn Bauman.
- The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion by Jonathan Haidt.
- Wisdom Jesus: Transforming Heart and Mind, a New Perspective on Christ and His Teachings by Cynthia Bourgeault.
- The Religion of Tomorrow: A Vision for the Future of the Great Traditions by Ken Wilber
- Great Doubt: Practicing Zen in the World by Boshan, translated by Jeff Shore
- The Book of Floating: Exploring the Private Sea by Michael Hutchison
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression by Segal, Williams, Teasdale
- Acceptance and Mindfulness-Based Approaches to Anxiety Edited by Susan M. Orsillo and Lizabeth Roemer.
- Mindfulness-Based Approaches to Eating Disorders by Joan Kristeller, Ruth Baer and Ruth Quillian-Wolever
- Use of Meditation with Severe Psychological Disorders
- The Effects of Mindfulness on Psychological Health: A review of emperical studies by Keng, S. L., Smoski, M. J., & Robins, C. J. (2011)
- Mindfulness Training as a Clinical Intervention: A Conceptual and Emperical Review (2003) by Ruth Baer
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions for Physical Conditions: A Narrative Review Evaluating Levels of Evidence by Carlson, L. E. (2012)
- Mindfulness-Integrated Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: An Experiential Approach to Behavior Change by Hayes, Strosahl & Wilso
- The Art of Pressence: An Exploration of Mindfulness and Aging by Francie Bedinger.
- Grief and the Mindfulness Approach: Death, Dying and Bereavement by Malcolm Huxter
- Grace in Dying: How We Are Transformed Spiritually as We Die by Kathleen D. Singh (# of excellent articles by the author on her site)
- A General Theory of Love by (read a review) Thomas Lewis, MD, Fari Amini, MD, Richard Lannon, MD
- Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life with the Heart of a Buddha by Tara Brach, PhD
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chodron
- Places That Scare You: A Guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times by Pema Chodron
- The Wisdom in Dark Emotions by Miriam Greenspan
- Yoga and Psychotherapy: The Evolution of Consciousness by Swami Rama, Rudolph Ballentine and Swami Ajaya
- Scared Knowledge: Psychedelics and Religious Experiences by William Richards.
- How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us about Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression and Transcendence by Michael Pollan. Fresh Air Interview - May 2018 Interview with Joe Rogan - I - Interview with Tim Ferris
- The Psychedelic Explorer's Guide: Safe, Therapeutic and Sacred Journeys by James Fadiman.
- Zig Zag Zen: Buddhism and Psychedelics by Allen Badiner
- Love Sense: the Revolutionary New Science of Romantic Relationships by Dr. Sue Johnson
- Attachment and the Dance of Sex: Integrating Couple and Sex Therapy, an article by Dr. Sue Johnson
- Traveling the Pathways to Intimacy: Some Useful Tools for Your Journey by John S. Shealy, PhD
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert by John Gottman, PhD
- Dancing with Fire: A Mindful Way to Loving Relationships by John Amodeo, PhD
- Videos on Sue Johnson’s website See other infoon her site also
Aligned, Relaxed, Resilient: The Physical Foundations of Mindfulnes by Will Johnson
Contemplative Psychology & Christian Mysticism
• Mindfulness: Taming a Wild Horse An article by John S. Shealy, PhD
• Cultivating Mental Discipline: The Skill of Mindfulness An article by John S. Shealy, PhD
Meditation Courses, Retreat Centers and Meditation Groups
• The Developing Mind: How Relationships and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are by Daniel J Siegel.
The Mindful Child: How to Help Your Kid Manage Stress and Become Happier, Kinder and More Compassionate by Susan Kaiser Greenland
Neal Barnard - Power Foods for the Brain
Discovering Right Livelihood
Prison Dharma Work
- Research Article on the Effectiveness of MBSR in Prisons Research on Inmates of Tihar Jail, Delhi, India (Vipassana Courses)
- We're All Doing Time: A Guide to Getting Free by Bo Lozoff
- Behind Bars: Surviving Prison by Jeffrey Ian Ross & Stephen C. Richards
- Committing Journalism: The Prison Writings of Red Hog by Dannie M. Martin & Peter Y. Sussman
- Recording of guards involved in executions.
- Mindfulness Meditation and Substance Use in an Incarcerated Population
Other Interesting Reads
my articles: © John S. Shealy, PhD 2000 - 2019